Pottukadalai Urundai is one of the easiest sweets that you can make within no time. This is very commonly known in our family as Minuku Urundai which translates as glittering balls. The sugar adds a glitter to the balls and hence the name.
The recipe uses simple ingredients and very less or no cooking time. You can make this and store it for a week too.
What you need
- Potukadalai or Fried Channa Dhal or Chutney Dhal – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder (optional)
- Fried Cashews or almonds (optional)
- Powder the Potukadalai in a mixie to a fine powder.
- In the same mixie jar, powder sugar and cardamom into fine powder.
- If using cashews add them to this mixture.
- Add ghee little by little and mix well.
- Once the dough is in pliable consistency, roll them into small balls.